Thursday, June 4, 2009

Not yet multiboot env, :-( keep trying

I had my Unix class yesterday. We suppose to run Linux, debian for the class. I've been running OpenSolaris on my old laptop. The professor kindly advised me not to install Linux because Solaris running, already.

Well, but I created a few partitions on my hard drive, so why not try ...! OpenSolaris is started from grub utility, so it looked not hard.

I tried to install debian into a small partition. It was easy, but debian rewrote Master Block Record (MBR). So I added OpenSolaris entry to /boot/grub/menu.lst. But an error message was displayed.
"Invalid or unsupported executable format"

I tried to reinstall OpenSolaris and ran installgrub with -m option. So now MBR was put back, and Solaris runs, but not debian.

So... I keep trying.
By the way, I found a good webpage while I've been writing this page. So I'll try this next.

No comments:

Post a Comment