Thursday, June 25, 2009

A digest of my trip back to Japan

Well, two weeks have passed since the last post. I've not been good at writing diaries since I was a school kid. And there is another excuse keeping myself away from this blog. I've just moved from Mountain View to Sunnyvale getting closer to my school. Many of my friends helped me with this. Besides, my parents flew from Tokyo, Japan on this Monday, June 22nd and have been helping me and made me settle in the new place. My actual move was June 23rd, and we still need to put the huge stuffs away as you can imagine, and my parents have to work day and night on it until they fly back to Japan on June 29. I really wish that they have time to enjoy California as well, but not sure if they can. I've been really useless on moving...

Anyway, I and my parents also plan to visit friends. We knew some of them for years. The following is just exception from my mail to a friend of mine describing my recent trip to Japan. Since another friend of mine looks to keep asking me about it, I post this to this blog:

My trip back to Japan was interesting. I met some of my old friends and went to drink often. I visited an university which is famous in Japan; as one of my friends is a professor at the univ for human science and rehabilitation engineering, I gave a 1 hour talk about how I've been living in the U.S. in his class. The attendees were just 14 people, but most of them were young female students. This put more smiles on my face, actually. :-)

I also went hiking. There is very popular visiting site in my city in Tokyo, which is Mount Takao, about 1,800 ft high. It's famous for the temple and short hikes. And I made it the top by my wheel. This is not so common. People usually walk or climb to the top. But there is a small Japanese cafe serving Japanese noodles and beverages, and small commercial vehicles can get to the top though a hidden road. People can walk through it, but no motor vehicles are allowed to come through, except power chairs :-). It's not well paved, so I had to drive carefully. And by the way, we took a cable car to 1500 ft high, so I went from the cable car's station to the top, so 300 ft in hight? This was my recent .......... something.


You can see the pics in my other blogs.

I like to share more stories in the trip with you later, but not sure if I have time.

1 comment:

  1. Hope the move concludes soon enough, as I'm sure it will with your parents to help you.

    ReplyDelete